Omakase

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

May have used up all of my travel karma....

So here's the situation: I'm sitting in the Tivat (Montenegro) airport, with the first leg of my flight to Sarajevo to begin in a half hour, connecting thru Belgrade. Once I make it to Belgrade, I have a 45 minute connection. Problem: the JAT Airways (Yugoslav flag carrier) couldn't print my connecting ticket, and I'm not sure why.

This might be something handled easily when I connect, but there's a huge downside ifnot: there's only one flight a day to Sarajevo. (for a country that broke apart, you'd think therewould be more intra-country flights, but I guess that tells you how much distaste there remains.

For example, there are no flights between Belgrade and Zagreb, two national capitals located as far apart as Boston and DC, distance wise.

So, if I make the connection, I get a happy face. If not, big time sad  face- I'd spend 24 more hours in Belgrade and some more interesting  part of my trip would have to be skipped.

But things have gone well today otherwise. I'll sum up today's activities in another email.

No comments:

With my new friends on the Great Wall of China

With my new friends on the Great Wall of China
Click to go to my online photography

World sun clock

Uncommon Man's Creed

"I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon -- if I can. I seek opportunity -- not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me. I wish to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole, I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficence, nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master, nor bend to any threat. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid, to think and act for myself, to enjoy the benefit of my creations, and to face the world boldly and say, "this I have done." All this is what it means to be an American." -- Anonymous